Wednesday, April 11, 2007

St Simeon


Room with a view; Sahara or Nile view? Sahara please.

This photo was taken at the ruins of St Simeon Monastery in Aswan. Did a bit of grad trip research this afternoon, flipping through guidebooks on the middle east and the silk road at Borders. Some of the pictures reminded me of my excursions in the Sahara. I love the desert, the solitude, the colours, the texture. May would be too hot for a desert expedition, although a trans-sahara one would be a nice road trip. I only have 26 days of holidays this May. Really short, too short for a proper grad trip. But I think I shouldn't be complaining. Law students have it easy when it comes to job hunting. Besides, I think I already had a grad trip; my one year on exchange.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the longer i look at this photo, the more surreal it looks. the sky and sand reminiscent of a Dali landscape background; the window reminding me of Magritte.

12:50 am  
Blogger xx krystle xx said...

remember to save a couple of those 26 days for HK ok?

11:29 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home