Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Boat Lady


Splendid light in a Simple scene.

There is something special about Hoi An. Even the light has a special luminous quality; the way it wraps around everything, highlighting simplicity. I wonder if 3 years later, Hoi An is still the same? I am sure the rest of Vietnam has changed dramatically, thanks in part to the advent of budget airlines, bringing more and more tourists. Vietnam was one of the best trips that I've made, largely becasue I had no plans at all. I just had to get from Hanoi to Saigon in 22 days.The Boat Lady's story was one of simplicity, and yet, contentment.
For me, it was a story of contrast. For her, it was just life.

3 Comments:

Blogger D said...

it had better not have changed by the time i get down to going there... if only Jason didnt pang seh...

6:01 pm  
Blogger Jammy said...

and when will that be!? hahaha like what you did with your blog. Sure beats the stale chilli sauce photo.

10:40 pm  
Blogger D said...

call break! or take leave (like that will happen)

12:58 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home