Saturday, June 17, 2006

Home, finally...



Finally home. SQ351 parked and ready for boarding was really a sight for sore eyes. I don't remember ever being so excited about a flight before. In fact, for somebody who loves travelling, I am a horrible flyer. I couldn't sleep a wink on the 12 hr flight back home in spite of a big comfy flatbed.
The wait for the flight was excruciating. Airports are always filled with fond memories but I think that it would be Copenhagen Airport rather than Changi Airport that is the one for me. Its filled with tears, laughter, embraces, anxiety, anticipation and joy. Sitting in the lounge waiting for my flight gave me the time to replay these memories, I remembered saying goodbye to Matt last July, I remembered meeting WJ and having to send her off in what was too short a period, I remembered the anxiety of being late for my flight to Amsterdam, I remembered the joy of coming home after 3.5 weeks in Egypt; Civilisation! and I'm sure when I go back to Kobenhavn Lufthavn I will remember the 13th of June and my wait for SQ351. Ah... another memory.
Anyway, here's a slideshow of my Aarhus Adventure.
Its not really a summary of my year abroad, to put that into words or to say that I could capture it all in pictures would be to cheapen it. Rather, this is the secret formula for having a good exchange. Enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home