Friday, May 19, 2006

The Road Home



Embarking on the slow and long road home.
My exams are finally over and now begins the long road home. Like I've said before, Home is really an elusive concept, for me at least. Of course home is where the heart is but what if the heart likes to roam? In a way, I feel like I have many homes and in a way my journey Home will take me through all the places I call home. Tomorrow, I leave for the UK where I will be staying at Chorleywood and then moving to Ireland for a wedding and then back home to Aarhus. From Aarhus I hope to explore the country that I've called home for the past 10 months before catching my flight back Home, Singapore, on 13th of June. Thus, the long road home to singapore will take about 4 weeks. I think its a nice end to this eventful journey. I must say that I've learnt so much more than what 10 degrees could impart to me. I received the best kind of education, the kind that you can only received outside the classroom. Unfortunately, the kind that is not really appreciated nor required for getting a job in Singapore. I know that during these 4 weeks I wil be asking myself this question, how do I measure my exchange stint? By the number of boxes and bags that I've filled after one year? By the number of friends I've made? By the number of countries I've visited? By the number of times I've been awed by beautiful landscapes? By the number of times I've learnt something new? By the number of times I've crossed paths with another culture? By the number of days spent away from home? or By how much I've changed?

3 Comments:

Blogger D said...

definitely by how much one has changed. how your mind has broadened, so that u may enjoy the little things....

1:20 am  
Blogger Miss Ding said...

o my.. you are comin back!!! i'm so excited.. !! come back quick!!! thanks for all e post cards.. and i'm sorry i didnt write.. :(

5:27 pm  
Blogger fabianlua said...

sounds like a song from Rent...

seasons of love
COMPANY
525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear.
525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?
In daylights, in sunsets, in midnights, in cups of coffee.
In inches, in miles, in laughter, in strife.
In 525,600 minutes - how do you measure a year in the life?
How about love? How about love? How about love? Measure in love.
Seasons of love.

SOLOIST 1
525,600 minutes! 525,000 journeys to plan.
525,600 minutes - how can you measure the life of a woman or man?

SOLOIST 2
In truths that she learned, or in times that he cried.
In bridges he burned, or the way that she died.

COMPANY
It's time now to sing out,
tho the story never ends let's celebrate remember a year in the life of friends.
Remember the love!
Remember the love! Remember the love!
Measure in love.
Seasons of love! Seasons of love.

8:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home