Saturday, May 20, 2006

Farvel


Goodbye Skejbygaardskollegiet.
Many Thanks to Erika for the wonderful farewell dinner that she made for me last night. Dinner was of course, fantastic French food with good wines. After dinner, we sat around and chatted for hours. Despite the casualness of the converstaion, I could sense a certain finality lingering in the air. Everything dragged on, dinner, dessert, post dessert coffee and rightfully so. If I had my way I would stay till it was time for my flight. I got back home at about 4 this morning. Yes, home, for just a few more hours. I tried to sleep but it was impossible to do so in spite of the generous servings of wine I had just before. How can one sleep in a place that now seems so empty. And yet I look upon it with a certain fondness. I stood in front of my big window for one last time. It was a cold and wet morning, just like the ones that first greeted me last July.
So, everything has come full circle. Just like it should.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home