Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Old is Gold


As the world races at breakneck speed to embrace new technology, I find myself increasingly seduced by what yesterday has to offer. Don't get me wrong, I'm not some ignorant oaffish neanderthal extolling the virtues of cave painting over photography. I just feel that not all things new and high tech are necessarily good. I guess this feeling stems largely from my believe in functionality and simplicity. Its like how I feel that an email can never replace a handwritten letter in terms of conveying emotions and feelings. Its like how you can't fax a handshake or give a pat on the back through video conferencing.
Given a choice I would abandon my digital cameras for a lovely old school mechanical camera and light meter. But I have to admit that economics dictates that i stick to digital photography because it is much cheaper in the long run and allows for a steeper learning curve.
So for now, I shall allow myself to be seduced but not succumb to temptation.

More photos from Goteborg
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/traffickjem/album?.dir=/4951&.src=ph&.tok=ph7n15DBGmsLiluf

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home