Friday, November 04, 2005

Reflections...


In quite a good blogging mood today, largely due to my trip to Goteborg, Sweden tomorrow.
The song "homesick" by kings of convenience is stuck in my head and the lyrics inspired this photo. "everyday there's a boy in the mirror asking me what are you doing here?" Not that I am homesick now, as you can see by the big smile on my face. I just love the catchy melody and the lyrics are really meaningful, to me at least.
I've spent the evening thinking...
1) that for my trip to Goteborg, I will commit camera infidelity and abandon my faithful SLR who has accompanied me half way around the world, in favour of my handy CONTAX.
2) that I've been going to school conscientiously for the past 2 weeks and I am begining to feel more like an international student. I'm really starting to enjoy campus life, appreciating the lovely university park(i really have to take a picture of it), going round the different faculty bars on friday afternoon, grabbing a coffee with my classmates during the 15 mins break, having lunch in the overpriced but rowdy canteen and yes! studying! well partly cos I had to do a presentation on some copyright law question. But it was so fun because the question was about a hypothetical infringement of Playboy magazine's rights by some Female Rights Group... hohohho playboy and bra burning feminist! Always a potent mix! Yes and because of that I've spent a good afternoon in the Law Library reading up and discussing with my partner!
3) that LLB stands for Law Library Bookworms/Bastards and it is mandatory for law students to spend at least half of their youth in a Law Library. NONE shall escape.
5) that going on exchange is more than just travelling around Europe. it is about enjoying student life in a foreign context, it is about making friends from all over the world and to broaden your perspectives through interaction.
6) that I feel a slight tinge of regret because I could have had a similar life had I stood firm on going to the LSE many moons ago... *sighs*
7) that it wouldn't be that fun if I did so then because I would have to do better than P/F *phew*
8) that I try to keep my hopes and expectations down but the more I tell myself to do so, the more I think about the issue and it just spirals out of control.

Alrighty, I think that's enough posting to last for the next 3 days. Finally my weekend trip is inedeed a trip that lasts only over the weekend and not one that includes a weekend.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg. i really didn't recognise you

11:55 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhhhahahhah
you look like The Beatles!!
AHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAH

charmaine

7:59 pm  
Blogger fabianlua said...

the photo looks like your face was on a page of a book.

anyway, misread's main lyrics is about "homesick, 'cos i no longer know where home is" i thought that was pretty darn good lyrics

11:07 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home