Thursday, November 03, 2005

Antikvariat


After school I had to go downtown to run some errands for my trip to Goteborg. I decided to walk down instead of taking the bus, partly because I felt that I needed some exercise and partly because I really enjoy the walk through the university park and through the small houses that lead me downtown. The university park is beautiful with the fall colours in full parade. The university is situated around a lovely park with a lake in the middle. I will have to take pictures of the park soon but I always forget to bring my camera to school. (cos i'm always late and rushing) BUT, thats another story for another post.
On my little walk to town, I decided to walk through the latin quater where there are all the antique bookshops and quaint shops selling little curios. I came across this shop that had a big "BOGSALG" (booksale) on the window. I decided to pop in to have a look around. What a brilliant decision (pats self on the back). Inside, I came across a whole series of Leica magazines from the 60s-early 70s! They were the bi monthly magazines published by Leica, neatly bound in nice ring files that had "LEICA FOTOGRAFIE" stamped on them. The best thing was that they costs only 20KR a file!!! I cleared all 3 files off the shelf!.
The only bummer is that the magazine is in German. But then pictures speak a universal language and I do have a german to english dictionary so I suppose its a good way to improve my german. What a find!
I suppose for my female friends reading this, the level of euphoria would be equivalent to you paying only 20KR for a pair of Manolo Blahnik heels.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home