Saturday, June 18, 2011

Persepolis


Guide amused by a guidebook.

I went for the Abbas exhibition at the National Museum today and it brought back memories of my travels in Iran. This photo was taken after my visit to Persepolis, at a rather empty road side diner where the guide, driver and myself stopped for lunch. My driver was very amused by my guidebook and chuckled to himself as he flipped the pages and read some of the photo captions. The whole scene was very lighthearted with my veiled guide smiling gently throughout. I remember finding it very amusing that my guide found my guidebook laughable and also a tad worrying given that I had to rely on it for the remainder of my trip. Its trivial moments like this, moments of spontaneity that make a travel memorable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home