Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Pulse


Early morning Street Scene, a long walk.

This is a snap shot of a street corner near Bab Toma in the old city of Damascus. It was taken early in the morning and I was amazed to find life on the street so early. The uprising in Syria has made me glad that I managed to visit the country before the turmoil and sad at the heavy handed response of the Syrian government. I had expected the younger Assad to be more progressive. But I guess he is still not bigger than the institution his father installed. Is there a parallel to be drawn? In Syria, the pulse of the country should be taken at street corners like these, where the diagnosis will most definitely be a severe case of restlessness brought about by years of oppression.

More photos of Syrians and Lebanese here.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home