Thursday, September 11, 2008

Monday


Painting the Monday blues

A long overdue post from my day off on Monday. What a liberating feeling it is to be up and about only because you want to and not because you have to. Monday was all about conversations. I woke up bright and early to watch the migratory birds at Sungei Buloh with my usual accomplice. We talked about evolution, the soul, stem cells, nature and the human condition. After lunch, I visited Mr Tan Choh Tee, a family friend and a career artist who is also a cultural medallion award winner. I had promised to visit his new studio months ago but as with everything else I had been putting it off for no good reason. We spent the afternoon drinking chinese tea and talking in Chinese about light, colour, traveling, Paris, hues, shadows; we agreed that Picasso was a true genius and he thanked my Leica for bringing forth impressionism.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl said...

I really like the bird picture... and sounds like you had a nice day off on Monday! Haven't seen/talked to you in quite a while... hope you are doing well! :)

12:34 am  
Blogger Jammy said...

hey! Its good to hear from you! Yes, its been a while, far too long in fact. I'm doing as well as I can, hope you're not keeping too many all-nighters.

2:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home