Saturday, August 30, 2008

Hotel


Sunset and my hotel with a ceiling of a thousand stars

What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well. A constant landscape of possibilities. The night sky with countless stars, reminding you that there is a whole universe out there, unexplored. My Sahara photos always remind me that I am small in the scheme of things. The world doesn't just revolve around you.

"When I opened my eyes I saw nothing but the pool of nocturnal sky, for I was lying on my back with outstretched arms, face to face with that hatchery of stars. Only half awake, still unaware that those depths were sky, having no roof between those depths and me, no branches to screen them, no root to cling to, I was seized with vertigo and felt myself as if flung forward and plunging downward like a diver"

~Antoine de St Exupery, Wind, Sand and Stars


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home