Saturday, August 30, 2008

Floored


And so rock bottom became
the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life

This inability to sleep is really getting to me. With just under 2 hours of sleep the night before, it took only a couple of drinks to throw me off whack. I was inebriated, stoned and now wide awake. The looming fear that the dawn is creeping up instilled a sense of panic in me and instead of lying on my bed waiting for the first rays to hit my face, I got up. I refuse to lay down and admit defeat. Rock bottom or bedrock is the perfect foundation for me to rebuilt my life. After all, I got there by digging to the bottom of the well. I can't help doing that, it is in my nature; everyone has their nature. Although I did not find a water source, I still managed to quench my thirst. Satis.

Some say that at the heart of it all, cliches are universal truths. But they are not the truth the heart needs? People often give the advice they need the most. It is not a sin to get lost. You should lose your way. Just be sure to find the way back. Its time to Wake Up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home