Sunday, January 06, 2008

Reflections


Glass Elevator in the Glass Tower; Going Up.

The weekend just whizzed by and in a couple of hours it will be back to the daily grind. The irony is that for everyday of the weekend I was back in Raffles Place. It seems my entire life now revolves around that little city block. I don't want to make too much out of this objective observation and it remains a mere reflection. Today's homily was all about finding a meaning in life and death. Its ironic that we all live to die yet not all of us are dying to live. I suppose that sounds a tad flippant given the events of the past week but there is an element of truth in it. I know its easy for me to talk about life and death because I'm comfortably distanced from both, for now at least. Nevertheless, the intrinsic nature of both means that that distance can be covered in a split second. I wonder how I will react when faced with either. In the meanwhile, there's the daily grind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home