Thursday, December 20, 2007

Triangle


6 degrees of separation in 180 degrees

I like the geometric composition of this photo, everything is geometrically ordered from the positioning of the people to the hard angular lines of the path ways. I especially like the slight intrusion of the building corner. I think it adds a certain punctum to an otherwise regular scene. It also helps that the intrusion is of the right kind; a right angle. Although I am utterly hopeless at mathematics, the philosophy of geometry fascinates me, particularly the approaches of Kant, Descartes and Euclid. I also love how the Muslim mathematicians adorned mosques and palaces with geometric shapes to exalt the Creator without involving idolatry; think the Alhambra, Cordoba, Istanbul, Cairo. There is an order to almost everything, especially aesthetics. I wonder if there is an intrinsic order to life. And if so, what is the formula?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home