Friday, August 18, 2006

Synapse


2800km and Going, originally uploaded by -jammy-.


2800Km and going; fuelstop in Giessen.

The past few days have been spent trying to figure out the Macbook. The good thing about it all is that with my heavily discounted Ipod nano as a result of purchasing the Macbook through NUS and the car kit, I can now listen to all my mp3s in the car. So, I was listening to Franz Ferdinand this afternoon whilst driving to school and it reminded me of the road trip I did with Stephane in April. Franz Fredinand was a regular feature on the trip because of our lack of CDs and beacuse of the long hours spent on the road especially on the Autobahn zig zagging across Germany. Imagine going at 170Km/h on the Autobahn in a 10 year old very French (i.e. beat-up) Citroen ZX sans power steering, ABS, air con, power windows and airbags. At this speed, the steering wheel vibrates so much that it shakes every bone in your body and perhaps even your soul, assuming you have one of course; and I'm not talking about soul stirring drives derived from the likes of the BMW M3 or Porsche Carrera. Anyway, apart from a gut wrenching relfex that now overwhelms me everytime I think of vibrating steering wheels, I felt a sudden wave of sorrow. I miss the care free days spent on exchange. I miss travelling about solo. I miss my exchange friends. I miss speaking a spattering of French, German, Danish and English during cookouts or bbqs. I miss being excited and wowed. I miss... Anyway, it is interesting how the Macbook lead to the Ipod which played Franz Ferdinand in my car bringing about thoughts of Vibrating Steering Wheels that reminded me of the Road Trip and made me miss Exchange Life and resulting in me Surfing my Blog Archives. And boy am I glad that I blogged regularly whilst on exchange. Its amazing how a photo can bring back a torrent of memories. Ah..the power of photography.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home