Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Home



Looking towards a future framed by the past.

I know I tend to gripe and moan a lot about missing the life overseas but deep down inside I know where my home is. I also know that my country is not the same as my government even though with the unique political system that we have here, it is not always easy to note that distinction. Being away from home has not made me dislike Singapore. Sure, I bitch about the weather, I bitch about the congested roads and the lack of open space but that makes me even more Singaporean. I love speaking Singlish and will continue speaking singlish till the day I die. Of course, I won't speak it to a foreigner who wouldn't understand me. I have common sense.
I am fighting the urge to sink into the meme fad that is taking the blogsphere by storm because I know that I will end up with a super long meme which would actually be more of an essay. I guess all I can say now is that I am really looking forward to watching the National Day Parade tonight over durians with my family. I missed that so much when I spent last year's National Day in Denmark.
Happy Birthday Singapore


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home