Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Relative Reality


Not being able to sleep again last night, I sat up and read in the hopes that the book might lull me to bed. I got a glass of water from the sink and plonked my fat ass down on my tiny bed and began to devour my book. Re-reading Nothingness and Being and I must say that it is a very interesting book but it is also very draining. After an hour or so of reading I actually dozed off. Hurrah you say? Now he's finally gone to sleep.
Well, I didn't stay asleep for long. After maybe 30 minutes I woke up again, but this time feeling very confused and dazed as is always the case after such short periods of sleep.
For a brief moment I forgot where I was and I was wondering why the kitchenette's light was on.
For a brief moment I thought that WJ was here and that she had gone to the bathroom.
For a brief moment it was December and WJ was standing there by the stove, attempting to make breakfast for me while I lazed on the bed. Turning around to smile at me and say the soft sweet words that only I am privileged to hear.
As my eyes focused that moment disappeared into the surrounding air. I realised that I had left the light on when I went to get my glass of water. The shattering of a dream, intially built up by raised expectations. Hope is an equally sharp knife and reality a very forceful hammer; perfect for shattering dreams.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home