Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Bottles by the Door


Once again, there are empty bottles by the door of the Tan residence in Aarhus. It has been a while...
The result of last night's Egyptian dinner and photos. The kofta was good and so were the photos but there was a tinge of saddness in my heart that lingered throughout the evening. It just wasn't the same as before, a play with key actors missing. Trying to pretend like it was only made it worse. C'est la vie.
The wine put me to sleep fast but not for long and I was up again before sunrise with a humongous headache. The cancellation of tonight's dinner due to unfortunate circumstances on my guest's part was actually quite a fortuitous event for me.
Just like how the elections are the talk of the town in Singapore, Internship application is the latest buzz in NUS Law School. So I tried to make the best of the day by writing my goddamn CV and cover letter for internship applications. Didn't get very far. Its such a pain looking for my results, especially my O level results. I can remember my total score but not the combination i.e. which subject was an A1 or A2 etc. I am so tempted to write "good enough to get me this far" under the O levels bit. To distract me from the pain of doing the CV, I chatted with some friends on MSN who confirmed my worst fears that the internship frenzy had reached an all new high back home. We came to the conclusion that somebody needs to put an end to this mad rush.

xxx says:
you have no idea how much a fervour its become
xxx says:
you're lucky you're not here
-prometheus- 一路向北 says:
some people make it sound like the quest for the holy grail
-prometheus- 一路向北 says:
its a herd mentality
-prometheus- 一路向北 says:
we need one brave person to say STOP, relax, take a chill pill.
xxx says:
and will you be the one jeremy oh brave of heart and foolish of mind
-prometheus- 一路向北 says:
i will
-prometheus- 一路向北 says:
Not brave of heart but at least pure of heart
-prometheus- 一路向北 says:
purified by the alcohol that has been coursing through my veins

The identity of my counterpart has been masked to protect his/her identity.
Of course that was just the remnants of the alcohol talking. I am not going to be another Chee Soon Juan. There ain't no Porsche 911 in going against the current. Plus, despite spending a large part of my formative years abroad, I have been indoctrined well enough after numerous years of Singaporean education to do the right thing.
Even my favourite colour is white.

2 Comments:

Blogger efarmer said...

Then again, arnt lawyers busy all their lives as long as they are in the industry? (if you can call it that of course). Sorry, i am not a lawyer so i cant emphatise, but i definitely must get a digital SLR now.

9:44 am  
Blogger fabianlua said...

good luck with the applications. i just messed up my oxford interview royally by the way. skype sucks.

8:57 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home