Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Freeze


Desktop snapshot

When I was in the shower just a moment ago, I found myself muttering lines from an Auden poem, "In headaches and in worries, vaguely life leaks away... and time will have his fancy, tomorrow or today" and suddenly it dawned upon me that it is already midweek. Not surprisingly, I started thinking about my life leaking way, and how long it has been since I took a camera out for a walk and shoot or how many months have passed since I actually sat down with a nice magazine and a cup of coffee for an afternoon read or how it has been ages since I blogged an entry on a whim like what I am doing now. Soon enough, my thoughts wound up at the early birthday celebrations over the recent weekend. It was really nice to have a party even though I am not really much of a party person, being a bit of a fuddy-duddy and all. It was a really nice and warm feeling to have close friends around, people whom I hope that I mean something to; I am assuming that they showed up for me and not for the free alcohol. And perhaps this is what it really means to find meaning in life - it means discovering that you mean something to someone other than yourself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home