Saturday, September 03, 2011

2CV


Roadside find

I have a soft spot for old mechanical items. I buy them knowing full well that they may at any moment die on me. Perhaps this affection is borne out of a rebellion against our consumerist society - the trend that churns out soul-less products designed to completely fall apart at a pre-determined time, compelling us to readily discard that item for a newer, better, slicker replacement. I often wonder whether our consumption habits are indicative of how we would approach other aspects of our lives such as our relationships, jobs and even self-worth. I like to think that in the face of a tide of consumerism, it is ever important that we learn to preserve, cherish and fix. But maybe I am just a rebel without a cause.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home