Saturday, March 13, 2010

Roof


Like rain running off roof tiles.
Has time proved to be so powerful,
has memory proved to be so forgettable.

"Can you do me a favour, my friend? Could you look up a girl I used to know? I want you to go and see her, if you can. Her name is Chiu Chiu and her address is 10th East Cheng De Road - you know the road, it's that one round the corner from the train station. She used to live in a hutong house, but it has been so long now. She is small, but beautiful or at least she used to be. I have not seen her for many years and much can change in that time."
~ Guo Xiaolu, Lovers in the Age of Indifference

4 Comments:

Blogger Chandana said...

Hi,nice one....

This blog will surely be a blessing for you.

http://holyoneofisrael-reconciliation.blogspot.com

Have a blessed reading.

God bless you.

5:55 pm  
Blogger Marina T. said...

This is a beautiful photograph.
I've never read anything by Xiaolu Guo, but I've read/heard good things about her work.

2:05 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

TEST TEST TEST FWD: Bart Brody
Please contact Bart H. Brody 865-310-8686
President-National Auto Parts Inc.
Text or call

11:20 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow this might be off topic but that picture is freaking awesome, i just shipped one of my vehicles overseas with Auto Shipping Network , http://www.autoshippingnetwork.com/ and i have a home in brazil with a similar view from my balcony but i couldve never captured a photograph like this.....

anyways cheers!

4:16 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home