Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Trial


Himalaya Trial, India to Netherlands.

I snapped this photo almost a year ago when I was in Yazd, Iran. I never expected to see a convoy of classic cars in Iran. These cars had just completed half of a grueling journey that took them over some of the most unforgiving terrains in the world. I can't believe it is almost a year since I packed my bags for Iran. Time really flies and that seems to be the recurring theme of this blog which is slightly worrying. It seems like so much time is slipping through my hands without me even knowing it. Yet ironically, this week seems to be agonizingly slow and I can't believe it is only midweek. Yes, I can't believe it when time flies and I can't believe it either when time crawls. The grass is always greener on the other side. Enough griping. I'll leave you with an excerpt that echos my views on why I thoroughly enjoy driving my 'new' car which is only just a bit younger than me.

'A hoary old thesis, I know, that old cars are more tactile and aural. But old cars are also what I would call trusting. The driver is in charge and is trusted to do the right thing. If he or she makes a hash of things, then on his or her head be it. I don't mind the modern car being more cosseting and comforting, but the distrust they display I find increasingly offensive'
~ Rowan Atkinson, Octane Classic & Performance Cars

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

uh, it has been almost a year, huh?

it seemed only yesterday that you were off on that adventure. yes, it is the affliction of our generation - that lament about time.

for now, the sands are slipping through my fingers.

sh

8:24 am  
Blogger Jammy said...

vaguely life leaks away...

11:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home