Friday, September 18, 2009

Lead


Perforations.

Birthdays are a bit like New Year's celebrations less the resolutions. I've never been a fan of such celebrations but I guess they are good occasions to meet up with friends. This year, I was deeply disturbed by the fact that I couldn't recall the last time I developed a roll of film, let alone the contents of that illusive last roll. It really bugged me to no end and it didn't help that this nagging question arose whilst I was having my morning shower. So as you can imagine, I spent the whole day with this burning question on my mind and at the same time trying to deal with all sorts of curve balls and obstacles that a normal working day throws at me. At the end of a very long day and back in the same loo where it all began, the answer came to me whilst I was making a deposit and filling up the paper work. I guess things have a knack of coming full circle, especially when you least expect it. Now this is an event worth celebrating. I felt a tinge of sadness at recalling how long it had been since my last roll of film was shot and developed but looking through the photos in my head made me smile. Throughout the day, I had been digging through the archives of my poorly sorted and dimly lit mind, stumbling over albums that have been left lying around and pulling out trash that should have been junked a long time ago. Although this digging process didn't directly lead to the answer, I am pretty sure that it did contribute to my epiphany on the throne. Either that or it was the steamboat dinner. And I guess that is what anniversaries, birthdays, new year celebrations are about; milestones for us or for me to take stock of what has happened in the past year. What a year it has been.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home