Monday, March 16, 2009

Calendar


My nights.

I left my window open yesterday and the rain soaked the books that were lying on the floor beneath the window. In my haste to save my books from drowning, I knocked over another pile of books and this is the resulting mess. As I stood in the middle of the mess, it suddenly dawned upon me that at my feet lay my nights for the past couple of months. Discounting the books that I've already stacked in the study, these bound sheets of paper are like a calendar, but charting nights instead of days. It was a poignant moment, standing there with the rain beating against the window pane, recalling all that lay at my feet. After all these were my numerous escapes when I could not forget and had to settle for not remembering.

and let they feet
millennium hence
be set in midst of knowledge
~ Tennyson

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is really kinda poetic..

But, i hope you managed to save the drowning ones..

and.. do you read these before you go to bed..?

10:42 am  
Blogger fabianlua said...

how is city of small blessings? wanted to buy it but ended up not buying it.

11:31 pm  
Blogger xx krystle xx said...

wah! story of O - didnt know you were into that sorta thing..

11:52 pm  
Blogger Jammy said...

Jes: Poetic? Really? It was quite a disaster actually, I made a mess of my already messy room... I saved them from drowning but I am afraid they have been scarred by this incident.. I did read them before I go to bed but I end up not getting very much sleep.

Fab: I can pass it to you when we next meet. Another impetus for you to arrange the next meetup =P

S: Amie, come sit on my wall. And read me the story of O. And tell it like you still believe it. =]

12:36 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well maybe my mind imagines poetry in strange things..

well, maybe something lighter before going to bed then..? then again..

11:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home