Thursday, March 12, 2009

Decision


[Insert Caption]

As I was deciding on the caption for this photo, it suddenly struck me that although a caption can do nothing to alter the photo, its impact is significant for it gives the photo form and purpose. Like most things born out of a decision, a caption provides a sense of direction by making certain essentials explicit. Unless I tell you so, you will probably never know the meaning this photo has for me by simply looking at it or reading this post. Perhaps a caption is like a streetlamp on a dark lonely street, illuminating that which passes below it, turning them from shadows into subjects with form.
And so it is, just like you said it would be...

2 Comments:

Blogger fabianlua said...

love this shot

12:13 am  
Blogger Jammy said...

Thanks! Suggest a caption for it?

FYI, its my bedroom window.

2:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home