Sunday, February 08, 2009

Shiraz


The Septembers of Shiraz; Autumn in Shiraz.

I snapped this photo in one of the many lovely gardens that I visited in Shiraz. I always look up. I don't know if its indicative of anything but I like looking up, especially at the tree canopy as I walk under. Two and a half years ago, I was supposed to go to Iran. The tickets were booked but I busted my shoulder just a couple of weeks before and the whole trip had to be shelved. I was so sore about it but I had to accept my fate, that I may never fulfill that dream. The reward for my acceptance was an eventual visit, two and a half years late.

This morning's sermon was about letting go. I found it hard to follow the whole piece but one line that really struck me was, "to find our purpose in life, we need to let go of the things that do not belong to us". So is this what life is about? Letting go of things? Sometimes, not all things that we relinquish are lost to us forever. The seasons come and the seasons go. We let them pass and we know they'll return, but never belonging to us alone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home