Friday, August 22, 2008

Envy


The simple pleasures are free.

I was recently told point blankly that everything I said had to do with material value. I need more such reminders. Life's most simple pleasures are often free yet I can't seem to afford any of it. In Dante's Inferno, the fourth circle of hell is reserved for the materialistic. There, spendthrifts and misers are put together. The spendthrift punished for squandering their resources, the misers punished for hoarding possessions; both guilty of not knowing how to use their resources.

3 Comments:

Blogger fabianlua said...

http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/nellie_mckay_sings_the_dog_song.html

On a related note...

11:41 am  
Blogger Jammy said...

thanks fab

Although i must admit that I enjoyed the Autodesk trailer a lot more, the romantic notion that ideas can save the world is just my cuppa tea.

fyi, sept's round the corner. Too close for comfort?

2:22 pm  
Blogger fabianlua said...

yup its a great ad by Autodesk...haha.

9:54 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home