Thursday, May 31, 2007

Dervish


Turning through mind and love; to the truth.

The whirling dervish show was something that I've been wanting to see for a long time. Being a fan of Hafez, Sufi-ism has always appealed to me. The dervishes believe that through spinning round, they are spinning towards the truth, to a higher state of mind, towards perfection and closer to God. All this stems from a yearning to want to be closer to God. Of course, that is just a brief summary of a very interesting philosophy and religious approach. More photos here.
Work has been good so far. I have not had to work late yet, and I am kind of getting used to going to bed early.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is my personal fav.
it's enchantingly spooky...
will scroll through ur blog and this pic will jump out everytime and spook me out.

4:30 pm  
Blogger Jammy said...

thanks! I like this too.

10:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home