Sunday, September 24, 2006

Je ne sais quoi


Oslo in the fall.

There is something about this photo that really reminds me of Autumn. I have countless photos of the fall but this one seems to capture the essence of the season best. Yes, autumn should have arrived in the northern hemisphere by now. I was told by my French friend that a true indicator of autumn is not the shedding of leaves but the shedding of skirts in favour of jeans that offer more warmth. For me, it will always be the orange golden leaves scattered across the ground, clear crisp blue skies and mellow sun light. When it is cold but not too cold that you need a heavy jacket. When soccer is still played in t-shirt and shorts. When the sun sets at a normal time. I miss the seasons. I miss the first flowers of spring, I miss the long lazy summer days, I miss the golden leaves that autumn brings, I miss the white winter countryside.
The spirit is restless again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home