Sunday, July 23, 2006

Snapshot



Far away, So close.
Another sleepless night, this time without a big square window to stand in front of.
I guess its time to look inwards instead of outwards.
Its funny how when I'm feeling down, my thoughts seem to gravitate back to my time in Aarhus. My time. A period of time that has now passed. A notch on my belt of life's experiences. An experience, no longer ongoing. Or maybe not. Time stands still inside the nebulous web called the mind. In fact time does not appear to exist. Deprive yourself of sleep long enough and the lines between what is real and what isn't blurs. This limbo unleashes the imagination; allowing it to rampage through the brain, manipulating memories and in a perversed sense, providing a high unlike any other narcotic.
Snapshots. Mental snapshots. That's the dope of the future.
A million times cheaper, a million times more addictive.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home