Monday, May 08, 2006

Moesgård


Mosegard in spring. This has got to be my favourite place in Aarhus.
With the visit yesterday, I have now seen the woods in all four seasons; what a privilege. Yesterday's walk was probably the best thus far and I would definately say that the woods look spectacular in Spring dress. The entire forest floor was covered with tiny white (wood anemone) and yellow (yellow star of Bethlehem) flowers. The sun's warm glow was soften by the newly sprouted canopy and the song and chirps of birds filled the air. I walked the longer route yesterday, past the now familiar watermill, down the stream, by the paddocks, stopping to enjoy the solitude, stopping to climb on a tree to rest and listen to mother nature breathe. I wandered around the woods till I lost track of time, until I finally reached the sea. On the beach, I plonked myself down by a big boulder and just stared out into the open sea. A million thoughts filled my mind yet were simultaneously drowned out by the sound of the waves rushing to shore. A strange feeling. The usual clarity was absent, instead replaced by an unfamiliar but comforting void; perhaps a mental equilibrium of sorts. I was rewarded with a sighting of dolphins swimming along the shore. This was the first time I've seen dolphins along Mosegard beach and most probably the last. I waited till the sun began to set and then headed back through the woods for the long road home, uncertain if I was feeling happy or sad.
More photos here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home