Monday, March 20, 2006

koningssluis


Standing in my kitchenette preparing dinner, the Kings of Convenience resonating from my laptop, watching a brilliant orange sun set over the Scandinavian landscape through my large square window, I wondered how best I could capture this moment. Instinctively I wanted to reach for my camera, but once again, I was reminded that not everything has to be captured; that somethings are meant to be experienced and then set free.

Amsterdam encapsulated in one photo? Old school bicycle, bridge, canal, touristy canal boat, quaint houses and tourist. Can this be any place other than Amsterdam? I hardly took any photos on this trip, perhaps due to the familiarity of the place with a lack of particular fondness unlike London. Being stoned and hungover doesn't help.

It was horrible saying goodbye yesterday, saying goodbye to friends is always difficult. I wonder when I will see them again. But if that is the price one has to pay for friendship then I must say that I got a bargain. Anyway somethings are meant to be experienced and then set free.





Check out the new addition of Dreamer to my links

2 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen Callon said...

Wonderful images.

4:15 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, been to your site before under a friends recommendation, but this is my first time commenting..i like some of your shots and also the things you say about them.

i think i understand what you mean about setting some things free, although sometimes i question myself, if i really had the chance to capture it would i be able to capture it in all its beauty? sometimes when my camera skills have failed, if the experience pokes me so much i try to write about it..

this post of yours is particularly poignant for me because im feeling those things now, just coming back from exchange!

i think your blog is a breath of fresh air..thanks.

3:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home