Monday, May 10, 2010

Trash


Most surreal.

I like this photo. Although it was taken at night, the glow of the streetlamp does make it feel like it could have been taken in the day, but not quite. Not quite night and not quite day. I like black and white photography because of the shades of grey, the shades we inhabit in our daily lives. I think this colour photo has that same feature of a black and white, a composition of varying degrees. I think the subject matter makes it interesting too, the half peeling posters, the baskets, the dumpsters and what we would term in general to be rubbish. But our trash may be another's treasure. Not quite treasure and not quite trash, for most of us exist in the space in between a yes and a no.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Michelle said...

The picture looks relaxing. I just downloaded and got some speacialty paper to make a card out of it. I hope you dont mind, and thanks.

3:14 pm  
Blogger Levi Like the Jeans said...

Wow! I really love this photo! i can stare at your work for hours its amazing

10:35 am  
Blogger Theeagle said...

Awesome! Great shot, the warm light and old peeling papers really completes the "trash" look...

11:55 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home