Friday, April 02, 2010

Pigasus


Deus Caritas Est

Today is Good Friday and I can't help but recall how the Catholic church has been making the headlines of late over the abuse scandals. The Catholic church is no stranger to scandals and controversy and I dare say that it has seen darker days. But that doesn't make the abusers any less culpable. But I also know that as a believer, it is not my place to judge. For their acts are between them and their Maker. My place is to remain steadfast in the essence of what it means to believe and, more importantly, to forgive. The secular world finds it easier to judge than to forgive, as do I, for we are human; so very human.


1 Comments:

Blogger Catherine said...

Wonderful post and photo. "...we are human; so very human." - my sentiments exactly.

8:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home