Monday, November 10, 2008

Alone


Alone is not Loneliness

Over the past 14 days;
I've played with snow in the clouds
and walked through the sands of the earth.
I've see a celestial body high in the heavens
and nature in all her brilliant shades.
I've renewed my faith in humanity,
that it is not enough to just be tolerant.
I've gain a whole new perspective,
and know that it needs nourishing.
I've learnt that modernity,
should be reconciled with traditions.
I've learnt a new tongue,
though I will never truly speak it.
I've learnt that heartwarming conversations,
arise from communicating soul to soul.
I've made new friends,
and been adopted by new families.
I've learnt that this is traveling,
and what Iran is all about.

Over the past 14 days;
I've asked myself,
what I have taken from this journey.
The answer is this,
and so much more.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home