Thursday, September 18, 2008

启程


想到达明天,现在就要启程

And so the journey continues, still with no end in sight. Not having an end in sight can be frightening at times, but fear keeps you alive. Not having an end in sight can also be uplifting at times, because hope spurs you on. As this leg of the journey draws to a close, although still incomplete, I paused to count my blessings instead of my 'missings'. Apart from celebrations at home and with my family, I realised that I have no photos of the other birthday celebrations that took place. And I am glad that it turned out this way. The well wishes, souvenirs and gifts will always conjure up an image in my mind, complete with the right emotions. After all, a photograph is merely a tool for communication, a conduit to the depths of humanity. As a photograph fades or gets misplaced, the imagery in my mind will always linger on. Sure, the emotions may change, in tandem with my relationship with the subjects, but it is through this that the imagery grows and becomes all the more a part of me. Entrenched.
Happy 26th.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like this one a lot..

9:42 pm  
Blogger Jammy said...

Cos its a Leica and its HK? hehe

12:02 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home