Saturday, June 14, 2008

Floor


How does one capture the scent of a flower?
How can one feel homesick at home?

Today's papers ran an interesting segment on Singaporeans coming home. I know I've been citing Saturday ST articles of late. I wonder if its because the quality of the articles on Saturday have improved or because I only have time to read the papers on Saturday. The segment talked about dislocation and feeling a sense of not belonging after coming back. It is comforting to know that you are not the only who feels dislocated and bears an overwhelming sense of restlessness. They always say that Home is where the heart is. But what if the heart likes to roam? What is it about my country of birth that makes me yearn for the countries that I grew up in? I know that quite a few of you did a stint abroad too, care to share your views?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home