Sunday, June 01, 2008

Cinquecento


I want one!

I always think that Italian Cars look better in Red but I will take this lovely Fiat 500 any day! And with oil price at just over $135 a barrel, it looks like I can only afford a car of this size. I wonder if this is the tipping point? French Fishermen blockading ports, British truckers parading coffins through London and Malaysian petrol regulations seem to suggest so. If it is, then where do we go from here? Tar sands produce more carbon dioxide, Electricity requires oil/coal fired stations, Hydrogen requires more energy to extract than it produces, etc. The absence of a clear alternative means that any attempt to break transportation's century long oil dependency will not happen anytime soon. If only they made the Fiat 500s in RHD.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home