Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Alone


On the sunny side of the street.

Sitting by the roadside, with her back bent by age or circumstances, perhaps both. I like the voyeuristic view of this photo, almost as if I was peering over a bush to capture this shot. And that viewpoint resonates deeper than just a mere photo composition. I am indeed no more than a voyeur, the only parallels I can draw are as superficial as the lines marking the side of the street; barely penetrating the surface. When I took this shot, I contemplated crossing the road so that I could capture it with a face but I eventually decided against it. Why a face? Would it make any difference? Almost everyone who reads this will not be able to identify her or with her. Even if you did, what would you do about it? Probably nothing. On the contrary, a faceless image becomes a symbol; if not at least a reminder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home