Thursday, March 08, 2007

Adieu!


All good things must come to an end.
Not a cliche.

Got the new car today and I have yet to name her. I just can't bear to name her after handing over Ally only a few hours ago. There must be some time spent for appropriate mourning? A few grand worth of kit does make the new car look much meaner than the run of the mill 3 but still... Anyway, I console myself with the fact that fixing Ally's burntout gearbox just didn't make financial/economical sense. But then again, owning an Alfa Romeo has never been a sensible choice. Its a choice guided by the heart rather than the brain. Oh well. The sales agent suggested a group photo with the car and so we happily complied. I must say that the new car handles very well and at the heart of it all is a BMW in-line 6. No way was Ally going to be replaced by a wheezy 4-pot. Matt and I gave Ally a good washing down and shine, our last combined effort in sprucing up Ally. I think the serpent's bite will be hard to forget but I am sure the blue and white propeller will bring a new kind of fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home