Thursday, March 01, 2007

Aarhus Evening



Without giving anything away, I can say its by the sea.
Its a house that used to be, the home of a friend of mine.

Dark rainy days like today remind me of the long autumn days in Aarhus, when it is always wet and the sun is a no-show. I feel homesick even when at home. I "painted" this picture because I thought the photo had a Hopper like quality that could be brought out through a different medium. A certain sense of solitude; comforting solitude. I don't know if I've succeeded. Ironically, the same can be said for a long of things in my life.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi
U r a good painter its nice picture.
Please also visit www.indopopular.com . They have several useful information for Indians

6:26 pm  
Blogger Cheryl said...

that is one very pretty picture!! the type i would like to do jigsaw puzzles of and hang in my dream home next time! haha

8:16 pm  
Blogger bikwei said...

eh! i think that picture will look nicer in an oil painting. like on canvas. somehow it still looks a bit artificial. (like fake oil painting) haha

but i would want a house like that

9:45 pm  
Blogger Jammy said...

ummm bik, but it is a fake painting.

12:47 am  
Blogger bikwei said...

you know you get what i mean, and you know i know it's fake, so stop being an arse. haha

10:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home