Monday, February 12, 2007

The Sun Also Rises


One generation passeth away, and another generaion cometh;
but the earth abideth forever

~Ernest Hemingway

I allow myself one souvenir from each place that I visit and all these souvenirs now sit nicely on my little kitsch shelf. For Pamplona, the souvenir of choice was a sachet of sugar from the Cafe Iruna where Hemingway wrote most of "The Sun Also Rises". Whilst sitting in the cafe, I thought I sensed the dark undertones that were pervalent throughout the novel rising within. Such darkness shades one's life. I wish I could travel again. But. There is a fine line between wanderlust and escapism that is often overlooked; wittingly.

2 Comments:

Blogger fabianlua said...

Maybe it was the champagne

10:23 am  
Blogger Jammy said...

Ah yes! The Champagne!

10:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home