Friday, January 06, 2006

The Long Road "Home"


I got back to Aarhus 2 days ago. Been pretty busy tidying up my place and settling some bills and such
Finally, a picture after so many days of boring words. This was taken on the train ride from Kobenhavn airport to Aarhus. It was by far the longest and most painful ride ever.
Saying goodbye is always difficult but if you think that only that one moment is bad, you are so wrong.
It is the aftermath that sucks like a $2 whore.
It is when you are truly alone, that the sorrow sinks in.
It really didn't help that it was pitch black outside and all I could see were the street lamps flashing by. So much for indulging in some mindless scenary gazing to alleviate the misery.
I read my ID magazine from cover to cover and cursed myself for going through it so quickly. Realising that I still had about 2.5 hours till my destination I tried to get some sleep. The sleep was hardly restful and punctuated by the clanking of the foodcart lady that seem to come by the aisle more often than normal on a night service. Every once in a while I would wake up and hope to see that familiar face sitting in the seat across me. But of course, fools' dreams never become reality. The hope that I harboured only made the reality harder to accept, maybe even bordering on anguish. Every waking seem to push the clock backwards and the train ride became longer and longer.
After a while, I gave up on sleep and just sat in my seat hoping that my mind would freeze and my heart would detach itself from my body. The mind refused to freeze this time round even though it has demonstrated its ability to do so before in many an exam. The wretched muscle kept flashing back to the smiles, the warmth, the laughter and the love that was shared over the past weeks.
Cruelly, all that eventually led,by natural progression or twisted fate, to the final embrace at the departure gate. The tears that were shed, the simple yet meaningful words that were whispered. How the whole terminal went silent and still as she ascended the escalator towards the immigration counter. How I told myself I wouldn't look back as I walked away but did, repeatedly. I wondered whose side my mind was on. Clearly not mine.
Somehow or rather, the train ride did eventually come to an end. And here I sit, alone in my room.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ditto :(
can't wait for the next few months to pass darling!

wj

3:18 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home