Saturday, November 19, 2005

Jammy goes to the FrisØr


Finally got round to shedding my locks. Ok, so I may not look like some pop icon now (beatles) but I think I prefer my hair short. Although like Samson, I do feel somewhat vulnerable after having my hair cut. Vulnerable to the cold and the wind when it lashes across the nape of my neck which was perviously covered by my luxuriant black tresses.
The trip to the frisØr was an adventure in itself. It took me 3 tries before I finally found the right one. Third time lucky I guess! My quest began along this street downtown where there were a few frisØrs located. I started at the head of the street and first stop was Salon Elegance, which looked anything but elegant. There was a rather grumpy looking lady inside who didn't look like she would understand or bother to understand a single word of Danglish (Danish+Singlish) so I decided to press on. This is an invaluable lesson that I learnt from my Mom on our many shopping trips. Never stop at the first shop.
Ok so the next one was FrisØr Las Palmas. Exotic and exciting you say? Well those are not two words to describe a haircut. Anyway, on closer inspection, I saw that the place was staffed by 2 Arabic men who were busy working their customers heads with a shaver. I hate it when barbers or hairdressers just shave away at your head with those dammn electric shavers, like how a shearer works a sheep. Yucks. On top of that, I think the probability of them speaking Danish and Arabic or Danic would be higher than English, Danglish or Mandarin!
NEXT!
By this time I was damn sian and was thinking of just heading back home for a nice hot lunch and to forget about the whole cutting hair idea. But I decided to try one more place. THANK GOD I did! Well... res ipsa loquitur! My hair was cut by a friendly young Danish lady who spoke pretty decent english! What a fitting end to my adventure!

sian
/sien, sIEn/ v. & a. [Hk., bored, depressed, in low spirits; Mand. mèn] A v. Bored, fed-up, tired. B a. Boring, dull, tiring.
FrisØr = Hairdresser/Barber

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey bruddder....nice hair cut lah...hahahaha.....still havin fun in denmark rite....cb...anyway...take care....all the best for ur exams.....

11:16 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the haircut makes u look slimmer! really!

C

11:51 pm  
Blogger Jammy said...

ahahhaha thanks kiam! dammn bloody sian lah... why exchange must have exams?? KNNBCCB! I bui tahan. can't wait for the dammn think to be over. hahaha

5:17 am  
Blogger fabianlua said...

now that it's gone, the beatles mop was real baaaad.

12:15 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home