Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Lamps


The past is gone except in memories.

Do you remember these lamps? I was reminded of them when I saw something similar over the weekend. I gazed at it for so long that the concierge asked if I wanted to buy it. I sheepishly declined his offer, unsure if he was mocking or sincere. Has it been that long? We saw these lamps in the Bazaar, I am sure it was the stall that was just after the crockery area, next to yet another intersection. You said that they were very pretty and I remember being tempted to take one home. I also remember mouthing off some comment about how I had bought lanterns from Hoi An which I never got round to hanging up. I was always full of comments. And perhaps still am. You laughed and I casually asked the price of the one we liked the most; the response was enough to send us along. I think we headed for tea, although now I can't be quite sure. After all, tea was such a regular occurrence then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home