Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Chair


Waiting, sitting, Waiting.

I like chairs. Chairs are my favorite genre of furniture. I love how they can be so full of potential energy, like a moment waiting to happen; inherently incomplete until somebody chooses to sit on it. A beautiful chair is more than just an amalgamation of horizontal and vertical materials. It is an expression of what its creator anticipates a future event to be. And I don't just think that only bespoke chairs are beautiful; mass produced chairs can be equally captivating. To me, apart from the meeting of aesthetics and functionality, there is beauty in the purpose, in the incomplete.

1 Comments:

Blogger fabianlua said...

if you haven't, check out this book called "A Pattern Language" and the section on "Different Chairs."

11:16 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home