Friday, February 05, 2010

Painting


In the Conservatory, Manet.

A painting does not need to be created, it needs to be sensed. Would you believe me if I told you I felt this Manet move? A piece of art is more than paint and canvas, it is the spark that lights the fire of curiosity and emotions within us, propelling us to overcome inertia. I was reading an interview with Henning Mankell and he listed Edward Hopper's Nighthawks as one of his favorite pieces of art:

"What I find so interesting about this painting is that it is really a sort of story. You don't know what has happened before or what will happen later, but there is a story going on. Whenever I see it, I have an urge to enter the painting and sit with these people and see what will happen. When paintings are really working you want to participate in them, that is why I chose 'Nighthawks'. I always see new things in it. I have started to write a play abut it where the setting is exactly what you see in the painting."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best sellers magazine in the world.
Magazine subscriptions

[url="http://www.magazinearena.com"] Magazine subscriptions [/URL]

6:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home