Monday, June 15, 2009

Vote


The vote that counts.

It has been 8 months since I left Iran. I have been following the Iranian Presidential elections and the ensuing riots rather closely on the net. The recent images of bloodshed and riots in the famous landmarks of Tehran like Azadi Square and Valiasr avenue, places where I had strolled by and wandered through, brought back fond memories and a huge serving of sorrow. I have never been a supporter of Ahmadinejad but unfortunately my vote does not count. And from the outcome of the elections, perhaps the votes of so many Iranians that I met during my visit do not count too. I wonder how long the hardliners can continue to suppress the call for reform. Violence is not the solution and I hope that today's blood shed will become tomorrow's hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home