Sunday, December 21, 2008

Piano


A tinkling piano in the next apartment

I realise I've been blogging a lot of music of late. Maybe its because it comforts me knowing that somewhere out there, there are others who have felt and are feeling the same way I do now. Perhaps its because I can't cough up my own words and need to borrow those of others. The photographs seem to do a better job, even though it shouldn't be this way. Shouldn't? Shouldn't because it is not right and its against the rules. Whose rules?

I was recently told that everything changes. Yet last night as I allowed myself to indulge in a cognitive commemoration of the winter solistice, I was reminded that there are some constants in life. There will always be the stars, the moon and of course the blinding sun; Equinox and Solistice. It may be a long night but the rising sun will surely follow. Is it really true that you don't know something except by its absence? A long night, even for a minute longer evokes a greater appreciation of the day. And now, as I again search in vain for words, a gentle breeze blows, birds chirp in the trees and just like before, the midday sun, radiant in the blue sky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home